10 July 2007

My Romance (Poem)

I undertake these writings – and the sharing of them – for the sake of my self expression. I am under no particular illusions as to their literary merit, and ask only that any readers do not have any undue expectations. If you consider me wrong, then publish me – with full credit, of course :)

Please also note that I check only occasionally for comments, so if you make any, please be patient.

Kayleen White


My Romance

They sit and watch,
those sideline shags,
they who can not compete;
“We want a wing,
tall and lanky
- and that, you’re not”
or
“We want a back,
stout and hard,
to be a speed bump
to that bouncy, flouncy, poncy
gazelle they call a forward
- and that, you’re not”
They have a way
- with words,
or
their eyes would say
“You’re black or queer,
or not blonde and pretty
- and that won’t do at all.”
Oh yes,
they have a way
- with words.

They sit and watch,
those sideline shags,
forlorn, losing themselves,
losing their soul’s innermost longings,
in others’ heroic deeds
- some daring,
in most immodest ways,
to judge those players worthy,
and those who are not.

© Kayleen White 2007

No comments: